Privacy & Cookies Policy
We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us through offices, over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”).
If you don’t want to read all the detail, here are the things we think you’d really want to know:
- The Omnis Software Group is currently made up of Omnis Software Ltd., Omnis Software France and Omnis Software Germany GmbH
- Your personal information is, where appropriate, shared within the Omnis Software Group.
- We do use a number of third parties to process your personal information on our behalf and some of them are based outside of the European Economic Area.
- You have a number of rights over your personal information. How you can exercise these rights is set out in this notice.
- We do send direct marketing, if we’re allowed to. And we do this to encourage you to buy our products and services by sending you product information, offers and ideas that we feel will be of benefit to you. If you wish to opt out of marketing messages, you can do so by visiting: www.omnis.net/contact/unsubscribe.jsp
Who are we?
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we’re referring to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up the Omnis Software Group.
The companies which make up the Omnis Software group currently are:
- Omnis Software Ltd., First Floor Office, Carlton Park House, Carlton Park Industrial Estate, Saxmundham, Suffolk, IP17 2NL, United Kingdom
- Omnis Software France, 47 Boulevard de Charonne, 75011 Paris, France
- Omnis Software Germany GmbH, HANSE 10ter GRAD, Langenhorner Chaussee 623, 22419 Hamburg, Germany
We may add further companies in the future. When we do so, we will update this notice.
What sorts of personal information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address and bank account and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on);
- Your account login details for our services, including your user name and chosen password;
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us;
- Information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our Services. For example, we try to identify which of our apps you use and when and how you use them. If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites too;
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services; and
- Information from other sources such as specialist companies that provide customer information (like credit reference agencies such as Experian, fraud prevention agencies, claims databases, marketing and research companies), social media providers and the DVLA, as well as information that is publicly available.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information we have to have something called a “legal basis” for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights.
- Performance of a contract: We must process your personal information in order to be able to provide you with one of our products or services;
- Prevention of fraud: Where we are required to process your data in order to protect us and our customers from fraud or money laundering;
- Vital interests: The processing of your personal information is necessary to protect you or someone else’s life;
- Public information: Where we process personal information which you have already made public;
- Legal claims: The processing of your personal information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity; and
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law.
How do we use your personal information?
There are a number of ways in which we use your personal information, depending on how you interact with us. If you do not provide your information to us, then we will be unable to interact with you in that way – for example, if you do not provide your name, address and account details when purchasing one of our products, we will not be able to sell you that product as we would be unable to process your payment or deliver the product to you. We may use your information in the following ways:
To provide our products and services – we need to use your personal information to make our products and services available to you. If you then decide to order any of our products or services, thank you. Following this, we need to provide them to you, process your payment. And we need to use your details to do all this.
Analytics and profiling – we use your personal information for statistical analysis and to help us understand more about users of our systems. This helps us to serve you better and to find ways to improve our services and website.
Contacting you – we use your personal information to contact you: either to conduct market research or to contact you about products and services from us. We may also contact you in relation to any questions you have raised with us or to discuss the status of your service agreements with us.
Cookies and similar technologies
We may gather information about your computer for our services, and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website. Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the website so that we can continue to develop and improve this website.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser that enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our website.
Who might we share your personal information with?
The Omnis Software Group – we will share your personal information in certain circumstances with the other companies within the Omnis Group, and our official distributors (Software Products Italia and The DLA Group), so that we can provide you with a high quality and tailored service (including relevant marketing) across our Group.
Our service providers – we work with partners, aggregators and agencies so that they can help us provide the products and services you require from us. These third parties process your personal information on our behalf and are required to meet our high standards of security before doing so. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. These third parties include:
- Advertising companies
- Market research partners, who help us to analyse customer behaviour;
- Social media providers – such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram – where we interact with you on social media;
- Third party vendors who help us to manage and maintain the Group IT infrastructure;
- Providers of temporary staff, who need access to certain personal information to carry out their role within the business;
- Where relevant, our professional advisors, such as lawyers and consultants;
- Companies that deploy our email campaigns for us because they need to know your email address to carry out these services;
- Companies that provide insights and analytics services for us so we can improve our product and service offerings, send the right marketing campaigns and understand our business and customers better;
- Security and fraud prevention companies to ensure the safety and security of our customers, colleagues and business;
Other organisations and individuals – we may share your personal information in certain scenarios. For example:
- If we are required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the police or the Department for Work and Pensions;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services; or In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their rights or the rights of others. We will only share your personal information in response to requests which do not override your privacy interests. For example, we will not share your personal information with individuals who are merely curious about you, but we will share your personal information to e.g. insurers, solicitors, employers etc. which have a legitimate interest in your personal information.
International transfers of personal information
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of the Omnis Group from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where we have your consent or it is in our legitimate interests to do so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message or by any other electronic means.
We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but if you receive a service from us we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to opt out of marketing messages, you can do so by visiting: www.omnis.net/contact/unsubscribe.jsp
Please note that it can take a little while for all marketing to stop once you either withdraw your consent or tell us you’d like to opt out of marketing. This is because some marketing may already be in transit.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you.
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customer against fraudulent requests.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
We take protecting your personal information seriously and are continuously developing our security systems and processes. Some of the controls we have in place are:
- We allow user access to our systems to only those that we believe are entitled to be there;
- We use technology controls for our information systems, such as firewalls, user verification, strong data encryption, and separation of roles, systems & data;
- We utilise industry “good practice” standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system; and
- We enforce a “need to know” policy, for access to any data or systems.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out in the “Your rights” or sections above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.
Omnis Software Limited is registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 1474483. Registered Office: Carlton Park House, Carlton Park Estate, Saxmundham IP17 2NL. VAT registration number: [GB 281 4384 94]
Security and privacy
We at Omnis Software take the security and privacy of our systems and our customers’ data very seriously. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service is provided to our customers. Parliament has created specific offences for unauthorised actions against computer systems and data. We will therefore investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
Exclusions and limitations
The information on this website is provided on an ‘as is’ basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, it:
(a) excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website; and
(b) excludes all liability for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised Omnis Software of the possibility of such potential loss) and indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
Content changes and accuracy of information
Omnis Software may make changes to the contents of this website, including to the descriptions and prices of goods and services advertised, at any time and without notice. Personalisation of the site based on user activity and preferences may change the appearance and contents of this website at any time.
Some information on this website is taken from sources external to Omnis Software or is of a type that changes frequently. Omnis Software does not necessarily share the opinions expressed or endorse the material appearing in external content published by it on this website.
Trademark and copyright notices
Omnis and the Omnis logo are registered trademarks of Omnis Software Limited.
All website design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this website are copyright Omnis Software Limited or their related companies or their licensors.
Nothing on this website constitutes an offer by Omnis Software to sell any goods or services. Subject to the customer terms and conditions of the relevant service, no contract will be formed until your order or application has been acknowledged and accepted by Omnis Software.
Discussion groups and bulletin boards
Unless otherwise stated, Omnis Software does not edit or monitor the content of any discussion group or bulletin board hosted on this website, except for the purposes of moderation. The content of discussion groups and bulletin boards is provided by third parties. Omnis Software is not the publisher of it. However, Omnis Software may remove content from any discussion group or bulletin board at its discretion.
Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without Omnis Software ’s prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website you do so at your own risk, and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this website
Omnis Software does not monitor or review the content of other parties’ websites that are linked to and from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by Omnis Software. Omnis Software is not the publisher of such opinions or material.
Availability of this website and our products and services
Omnis Software tries to ensure that your use of this website is uninterrupted and information transmitted over it is free of errors. However, due to external factors, this cannot be guaranteed. Access to this website may also be suspended or restricted for a period to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new services from time to time. Omnis Software will try to limit the number and length of such periods as much as possible.
Although Omnis Software uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that any software made available by it on this website is suitable for downloading, installation and use by third parties, all such software is provided ‘as is’ without any warranty. Specifically, and without limitation, Omnis Software does not warrant that any such software is virus free, without defects, Year 2000-compliant, compatible with other software or operating systems or suitable for any specific purpose. Omnis Software accepts no liability for any loss or damage caused by the downloading, installation or use of any such software, and the general exclusions and limitations above apply to such downloading, installation or use. Omnis Software does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer that cannot be excluded or limited are affected.
Your use of this website
You are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer and you may use this website for lawful purposes only. You must not use this website in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the website or access to it to be damaged or interrupted in any way.
You must not use this website for any of the following:
(a) for fraudulent purposes or in connection with a criminal offence;
(b) disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, defamatory, racially offensive, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material;
(c) transmitting material containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services; or
(d) making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
Omnis Software Limited is registered in England and Wales. Registered Number 1474483. Registered Office: Carlton Park House, Carlton Park Estate, Saxmundham IP17 2NL. VAT registration number: [GB 427967506]