Some problems with stability – JS Application Server
Look in the achieve for a thread with this subject ” JS Client app & busy Omnis server”.
The recommendation there solved various issues for me:
In brief, I did these changes and things seemed to be running smoother for me (let’s keep our fingers crossed):
1- added onbeforeunload=”jOmnis.onUnload()” to your html template:
So change this tag:
To read :
2- added a time out to my remote task to disconnect any idle connection after 30 mins..you can adjust that based on your need to avoid running out of licenses.
Not sure if any of above solutions will solve your issue, but just wanted to share my experience.
We use IIS and not Apache..But I don’t think that will make a difference.
More notes on this:
I’m running now into some other issues (where the server is running but user can’t connect), our OS server runs a number of cron jobs and handle web calls at the same time. I’m thinking that this is causing some issues with connecting to the web form when the server is busy with processing a job (which might be an http call to a third party API and might take a long time to get the response or when it process a long list).
So I’m investigating now the option of separating the jobs from the web calls. I started installing 2 servers at some sites, one to handle web calls only and the other one (with no web configuration) will be dedicated to process the jobs, so any issue there won’t affect the web traffic. Still testing this approach.
I also started installing a windows scheduled task on our sites to stop and re-start the Omnis serer once daily to make sure that the server is running until we manage to solve all its issues.
I’ll appreciate if you could share any further solutions that you might find that help in solving the connection to your web app.
From: omnisdev-en [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Sten-Erik Björling
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 10:22 AM
To: OmnisDev List – English
Subject: Some problems with stability – JS Application Server
I have some problems with the JS application server – after a while users cannot connect to the server – I have a suspicion that it might be something with the Apache config used in Mac OS X server. Anyone have had the same problem?
Take care all, all the best…
Kyrkogatan 5A 2 tr
SE-972 32 Luleå
Mobile: +46-70-655 11 72
Hotmail / Messenger: firstname.lastname@example.org
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any use, distribution, or reproduction of the contents of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email and destroy all copies of the original message including any attachments thereto. Thank you.
Please note that we take reasonable precautions to prevent the transmission of viruses; however, we cannot guarantee that this email or its attachments are free from viruses. We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from the opening of this message and/or attachments.